Vivek Medical Students Scholarship Program
The Vivek Medical students’ Scholarship (VMS) program of Karuna Trust provides scholarships for deserving students who are meritorious and economically backward. Professional education is becoming increasingly expensive and unaffordable, especially for students from poor socio-economic background. Although there are numerous scholarship options, invariably, many deserving students, outside the reservation categories are left out. To meet these unmet needs, this scholarship program is being sponsored by the alumni of BMC and late Dr. Iychettira Saraswaty Subbiah.
The students are selected based on their merit, socio economic condition and other sources of scholarship, either public/private. Students from needy family, irrespective of caste, creed and religion are chosen based on their interest and commitment to serve the poor or commitment to help other students by donating to the same scholarship program once they settle down or start earning.
The scholarship applications are open every year during the month of August and is announced on our website
* Application closed. We will publish the list of selected candidates shortly
- 1st year MBBS students of Bangalore Medical College and Mysore Medical College, who have secured 85% and above in 2nd year PUC and Entrance exam ranking 2000 and below.
- 2nd, 3rd and 4th year MBBS students who have not availed any scholarship other than VMS during previous years and secured more than 70% in previous university exam.
- Annual income of family 3 lakh and below
- For 1st year MBBS Students applying/ Receiving other scholarships and education loan is not a disqualifying criterion for this Scholarship.
Applications will be scrutinized by our team and shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview. Number of candidates and amount will be decided by Karuna Trust team. All related documents will be verified during the interview.
Timeline of events:
|Opening of applications||1st August||Click here to download/ fill Application Form|
|Last date of application||30th September||Duly filled forms to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|First round||October||Applicants will be shortlisted based on academic merit and socio-economic status and called for interview|
|Interview||November||Face to face interview at Karuna Trust Bangalore Office|
|Two-day orientation session||December – January||A two-day orientation session focussing on the Health Care System in India, Challenges and Opportunities, Karuna trust and our work will be provided to the selected candidates|
Postal Address: Karuna Trust, #686, 16th main 39th cross, 4th T block, Jayanagar, Bangalore 560041
Phone no: 080 22447612
Email ID: email@example.com