Join us as a volunteer to support our cause towards reaching the unreached
Karuna Trust hosts a number of national and international volunteers from different academic background and working professionals. In consultation with the volunteers, we work out a schedule based on the area of work and interest. We aim to provide congenial atmosphere to work and learn during the stay period with the organization. This helps the volunteers to grow professionally by exposing themselves to grass root level work of Karuna Trust.
- Submit a written/email application for the post of volunteer
- Fill in the application form provided by Karuna Trust. (Annexure 1)
- Attach a reference letter of your Institution or parents or friends of
- Produce 2 latest passport size photographs.
- Enclose a photocopy of your passport (for foreign nationals only)
Will be fixed as per location and availability (Subject to availability) – it will be around Rs.200/- per day.
- Volunteers will be relieved after completion of the course duration.
- Date of relieving will be extended if assigned project work is incomplete.
- Volunteers will be relieved without prior notice if they are found violating the rules of Karuna Trust.
- Application will be scrutinized by the KT committee before approval.
- Application will be processed based on availability of volunteer positions.
- Project period and venue for volunteering will be decided by KT (request for relevant field will be considered)
- Volunteers should report to Bangalore office and get the approval letter before moving the study area/project.
- Volunteers will be assigned a mentor to whom weekly reporting has to done through email/ telephone.
- A certificate will be issued by KT to the volunteers after completion of the project stating the duration, name of the project and work efficiency of the volunteer.
- Volunteers will be accepted only after the above mentioned criteria are met.
- Volunteers will strictly adhere to the guidelines given by KT.
- Volunteers will be accepted only after signing a declaration stating that they will be assigned projects based on KT’s priorities.
- Volunteers should abide by the rules and regulations of Karuna Trust.
- Attendance will be strictly monitored.
- Volunteers should enter in the movement register if they wish to visit any place outside their work area.
- Volunteers should follow the instructions of their mentors.
- Project work done will be for KT and volunteers should not publish or circulate the information without KT’s permission.
- Karuna Trust will be responsible for the safety of the volunteers only between 9 AM and 5 PM.
- Volunteers should follow professional ethics with co-volunteers and Karuna Trust Staff.